You are here: Home > Departments and Divisions > Teaching & Learning > Graduate Program > Financial Assistance

Financial Assistance

Financial Aid

A graduate student must be admitted to master's degree program or earning a teaching certification in order to be eligible for financial assistance and must be enrolled for 4-5 graduate credits. Nondegree master's students are not eligible for financial aid.


How to apply for Financial Aid

Student's must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for the Advanced Opportunity Fellowship Program (AOFP) Grants, Federal Work Study, Federal Perkins Loan, or for Federal Stafford Loans (subsidized or unsubsidized) and Native American Grants. The FAFSA should be completed and submitted to the federal processor as early as possible after January 1 for consideration for the following academic year.

Financial Aid is awarded when the student has a completed financial aid application on file and eligibility criteria are met. (see Grad Bulletin). Priority is given to those applicants who meet the University's established priority date. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.



There are numerous scholarships available to Graduate Students through the College of Education and Human Services. The Curriculum and Instruction Department administers many of these. Please stop in to the Curriculum and Instruction Department the week before Thanksgiving vacation each year to receive a scholarship information packet.  


Graduate Assistantship

Graduate Assistantships are for the 17-week semester or academic year and are either full-time (20 hours/week), three-quarter time (15 hours/week) or half time (10hours/week). Nonresident graduate assistants who are hired for 13.5 or more hours per week are eligible for out-of-state fee remissions. Graduate assistants are limited to a maximum course load of 12 credits per semester.

Qualifications for a graduate assistantships are that the student:

  1. Has been admitted in full standing to a graduate degree program at the Univeristy of Wisconsin Oshkosh

  2. Is endorsed by the degree program coordinator;

  3. is enrolled for at least six graduate degree credits each semester, or otherwise qualifies as a full-time student

Application forms are available from the Graduate School. Applicants are urged to return the completed forms to the Graduate School as soon as possible.

Document Actions
Contact Us