Charlotte H. McEssy Scholarship
The Charlotte H. McEssy Scholarship was established in 1992 by Charlotte H. McEssy. Mrs. McEssy received a Bachelor of Science in Upper Elementary Education and Master of Science in Elementary Education and Reading from UW Oshkosh. A former reading specialist and elementary principal, Mrs. McEssy recognizes the importance of education in achieving success.
- The recipients of this scholarship must be part- or full-time graduate students pursuing an MS Educational Leadership degree in the College of Education and Human Services at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
- Applicants for this scholarship must have attained a grade point average of 3.0 on a four-point scale.
- Evidence of involvement in extracurricular or community activities, as well as demonstration of financial need, will be taken into consideration but will not be the dominant criteria in the selection process.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from professors at UW Oshkosh.
- Applicants must submit a brief statement explaining why they feel qualified for this scholarship and what they foresee as their personal and professional goals.
for this scholarship are available at the N/E 605 or here doc.
- Final selection will be made by a department committee. Mrs. Charlotte McEssy (or her representative) will serve on the committee and will participate in the selection process.
- Selection will be made early enough in the spring to allow inclusion of the recipient's name in the Honors and Awards Ceremony program.
- The award will be held at the Cashier's Office for payment against the fall semester's tuition.
- The value and/or number of scholarships will be determined annually by the committee with the UW Oshkosh Foundation and will be based upon income available for this purpose. Awards vary each year depending on how investments have done. Typically they are in the $150-$250 range.
- The principal will be conserved perpetually.
The scholarship application will be available online in late January of each year. If you have any questions, please contact Carol Botz at email@example.com or (920) 424-1490.