1. Apply for entry into the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
If you are not already a student at UW Oshkosh, you must apply and be accepted to the University prior to beginning the teacher education program.
2. Complete general education and content coursework
Prior to entrance into the College of Education and Human Services, first-time students will spend approximately two to three semesters completing general education and content coursework specific to their degree and major.
Official transcripts must be sent to UW Oshkosh along with your application. Visit www.uwsa.edu/tis or contact the Admissions Office at (920) 424-0202 for information about credit transferring.
3. Complete and pass the Praxis I: Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST)
Students must receive minimum scores of:
- Reading: 175
- Writing: 174
- Math: 173
4. Apply for entry into the College of Education and Human Services
Once students meet the following requirements, they may apply for admission into the college.
- Take and pass the Praxis I
- Earn a grade of “C” or better in Fundamentals of Speech (96-111)
- Successfully complete a minimum of 40 credits
- Earn a combined GPA of 2.75 or higher
Application and eligibility requirements are due September 15 for spring semester admission or February 15 for fall semester admission. Application materials will be reviewed by faculty in candidate’s major or licensure area.
A clear criminal background check and a negative tuberculosis test are required for admission.