Undergraduate Teacher Education
The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) projects a 26% increase in the number of new teacher hires by 2018. An estimated 2.2 million teachers will need to be hired and 700,000 of those will be new graduates.
The College of Education and Human Services at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh offers the following nationally recognized licensure programs approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Elementary Education - Regular Education
- Early Childhood–Middle Childhood (birth–age 11)
- Middle Childhood–Early Adolescence (age 6–approx. 12–13)
Secondary Education - Regular Education
- Early Adolescence–Adolescence (age 10–21)
- Early Childhood–Adolescence (birth–age 21) in Art, ESL, Foreign Languages, Music or Physical Education
Special Education - Cross Categorical
- Middle Childhood–Early Adolescence (age 6–approx. 12–13) AND/OR Early Adolescence–Adolescence (age 10-21)