2011 Conference Highlights and Materials
The 2011 "Planting the Seeds of Inclusion" conference began with a keynote address by Jonathan Mooney.
Following Mooney’s address, conference attendees took part in breakout sessions, covering topics such as identifying students for special education services and Wisconsin’s new definitions of learning disabilities.
- Range of topics included:
- Evidence-based practices in the inclusive classroom
- Instructional strategies for students with disabilities in:
- Team teaching
- Working with Parents Who Are Recent Immigrants
- Increasing social interaction of students with significant disabilities
- Assistive technology
- Early childhood education
- Understanding the Culture of Poverty
- Parent Panel
- Sexuality and Gender Identification
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders