Google and Intel Mini Summit
October 12, 2013
8 a.m.-3 p.m.
UW Oshkosh Campus, Sage Hall
Directions and parking
The Google and Intel Education Mini Summit is a one day, hands-on conference that focuses on integrating Google Apps for Education and Intel Apps, Thinking Tools and Elements Blended Courses in K-12 and Higher Ed learning environments.
All presentations will be from the Google-certified Teachers, Google Apps for Education Trainers, Intel National and Senior Trainers, UW Oshkosh faculty and regional superstars.
Co-sponsored by Innovative Educator Consulting, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Education and Human Services and the Intel Education Initiative.
$75 per educator OR
register a team of three and get the fourth educator free
$40 per undergraduate university student
- Continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Breakout sessions on Google Apps best practices and lesson ideas
- Breakout sessions on Intel Apps, Thinking Tools and Elements Courses
- Unlimited networking and collaboration opportunities
One-credit graduate level course available
A one-credit graduate level course is being offered in conjunction with the conference. Interested persons must register and pay for the course independently of registering and paying for the conference. The class, Rdg. 764 (275D) #64091, requires attendance at the conference all day on Saturday, Oct. 12, as well as additional online coursework.
The tuition/cost for the 1-credit class is $212 and will be billed to
participants by the University’s Student Accounts department. This $212
tuition fee is in addition to the Conference registration fees.
Registration for the 1-credit course is done online through the Titan Web registration system.
Summit presenters include:
- Diane Doersch, Chief Technology and Information Officer, Green Bay Area School District
- Tim Nielsen, Certified Google Power Searcher and Mobile Learning Specialist
- Kurt Wismer, Google Certified Teacher and Trainer, Shiocton School District
- Naomi Harm, Google Certified Teacher and Intel National Senior Trainer
- Deb Norton, Ripon School District
- Nicol Swimmer, WI Intel Senior Trainer and Google Apps Specialist
- Renee Nolan, Google Certified Trainer, Educational Technology Coach, Fond du Lac School District
- Nicole Mashock, Google Certified Trainer, STEM teacher, Fond du Lac School District
- Sue Gorman, Google Certified Teacher
- Jeff Ruedinger, Technology Coordinator, Omro Schools
- Ben Hommerding, Google Certified Teacher, Technology Teacher, Winneconne High School
- Jack West, Hapara
- Elizabeth Alderton, Associate Professor, UW Oshkosh
- Eric Brunsell, Associate Professor, UW Oshkosh
- Jeff Harm, Innovative Educator Consulting
Summit strands and themes
- Google Apps for Education
- Flipped Teaching Practices
- Thinking Tools and Intel Apps for Education
- Blended Learning with Elements
- Google Hangouts
- YouTube Classroom
- Chromebook 1:1 Deployments
- Chrome Apps and Extensions to Personalize Learning
- Googlizing the Common Core
- Google Scholar Program
For more information
Contact the UW Oshkosh Department of Literacy and Language at 920-424-4444 or email@example.com