Joe Sheehan, Superintendent of the Sheboygan School District, was visited on June 17, 2011. Also present was Al Hardersen, Dean of UW Sheboygan. The visit focused on the following:
- The purpose of the summer tour and how it connects COEHS with the K12 districts.
- The development of a new off campus expansion of the Special Education Program. Help in the placement of clinical and student teachers will be needed form the district.
- The Add On Licensure Program is a program that needs distric administration involvement before a person can take part in it to gain further licensing in Wisconsin.
- A new K12 Advisory Council has been developed in the Sheboygan area and the Sheboygan School District will be an active member of it.
- A new Principal Licensure Program will be offered from COEHS. The program will begin in the fall of 2011.
- The development of more collaborative programming between COEHS, UW Sheboygan, and the Sheboygan School District was discussed in the meeting.
- The Sheboygan Area School District is working towards the development of Professional Learning Communities with in the district.
- All cooperating teachers for student teachers need to take a training course.COEHS offers this course in various formats.
- The on-line hybrid Reading MSE Program is now 30 credits and can be also offered off campus to districts that have a cohort of teachers who wish to take the program.