North Fond du Lac
Aaron Sadoff, District Administrator for the School District of North Fond du Lac, was visited on July 13, 2010. The visit focused on the following:
- Offering the schools in the district as host sites for courses and meetings.
- When asked about the quality of new special education teachers who the district had hired from UW Oshkosh/COEHS, Aaron said that he knew 4 in the district who are multi-categorical and that they are excellent teachers with no problems stated.
- The problem of not having any add-on license in the special education area.
- That UW Madison has a middle school focused program for science teachers in conjunction with CESA 6 and CESA 5. The North Fond du Lac district and others are involved in this program.
- Requested Penny Buckley’s email address to thank her for the work that was already done in their district with cooperating teachers and also to get information on the refresher course link on the COEHS webpage for cooperating veteran teachers who work with student teachers.
- Information was given on the review of the Math Placement Test for new students in the UW system. Aaron Sadoff is a member of the COEHS/K12 Advisory Council.
- Future K12 and higher education issues of declining public support, responses and collaboration.
- New and current programs offered through COEHS.