Brian Hanes, Superintendent of the Ashwaubenon School District, was visited on September 9, 2011. The visit focused on the following:
- Reviewed the diversity program that involves staff from COEHS and the Ashwaubenon School District.
- There is no real answer yet for districts to continue to use credits for advancement on the salary schedule. The process for teacher evaluation is also being addressed by districts in a variety of ways.
- The Add On Licensure Program is a program that needs district administration involvement before a person can take part in it to gain new licensing in Wisconsin.
- A new Principal Licensure Program will be offered from COEHS. The program will begin in the fall of 2011.
- The Reading Education program is offered in a hybrid format and can be designed for cohort groups.
- The Appleton Teacher in Residency program is a special program that involves student teachers in the Appleton School District.
- The Educational Leadership program offers flexibility in designing programs for individuals or school districts in the cohort format.