Lee Allinger, Superintendent of the Appleton Area School District, was visited on July 22, 2011. The visit focused on the following:
- The current situation in education that has come about from the new state legislation.
- The course options for teachers who want to be cooperating teachers for the supervision of student teachers. The course options are online, hybrid and face to face.
- The Add On Licensure Program is a program that needs district administration involvement before a person can take part in it to gain further licensing in Wisconsin.
- Students need to learn earlier in their educational program about the Appleton Area School District Teacher in Residency program.
- A new Principal Licensure Program will be offered from COEHS. The program will begin in the fall of 2011.
- The designing of a professional development program for principals with input from interested K12 school districts.
- The new expansion of the Special Education Program and how it will help rural districts have more candidates for Special education positions. The program will be centered in the Plymouth School District.
- The COEHS/Sheboygan Area K12 Advisory Council was created to develop a stronger partnership with school districts in that area.