Talarek Family Scholarship
Two scholarships, $2500 each, are available for the 2015-2016 academic year.
This scholarship fund was established in 2000 by Stanley J. Talarek, as 1962 alumnus and former special education teacher in memory of his parents, Sigmund and Johanna Witczak Talarek.
- Applicant must be full-time students in Special Education at UW Oshkosh.
- Applicant must qualify for financial need; attach copy of financial award letter from UW Oshkosh Financial Aid Office to this application.
- Academic performance will be considered.
- Recipients must have successfully completed Initial (Sophomore) Practicum.
- Selection will be completed by the Special Education Department in time to include the scholarship in the University’s spring Honors and Awards Ceremony.
- Half of the award will be held at the Cashier’s Office each semester for payment against the recipient’s tuition expenses.
- The value and/or number of awards will be determined annually by the selection committee with the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Foundation and will be based upon available income for this purpose.