Kenneth Allen Mandel Education Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2011 in memory of Kenneth Allen Mandel of Madison. Kenneth was born in 1921 in Two Rivers. He was a graduate of Manitowoc County Normal and received his bachelor of science degree at Milwaukee State Teachers college in Milwaukee. While teaching science for the Oconto school district, he met Clarice Johnson, a fellow school teacher. They married in 1950 and had three children. In 1959 the family moved to Madison, where Kenneth began his career with the State Department of Agriculture. Kenneth worked as a Chemist at their Hill Farms lab for 27 years, retiring in 1986. He continued to share knowledge with those around him throughout his retirement.
1. Applicants must be enrolled as full-time elementary education students in good academic standing at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
2. Applicants must be accepted as candidates into the Professional Education Program in the College of Education and Human Services at the time of application.
3. Applicants must be residents of Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana or Iowa.
1. Applications are available from the College of Education and Human Services.
2. Selection will be made by a committee composed of representatives from the College of Education and Human Services.
1. The award amount will be $500. Up to five scholarships will be awarded each year until the funding is depleted.
2. The award will be credited against the recipient’s next semester's tuition obligation.