The Ackerman Family Scholarship
One $225 scholarship is available for the 2015-2016 academic year.
This scholarship was established in 2007 by the Ackerman Family. It is to alternate annually between the College of Education and Human Services and the College of Nursing. As a family we are dedicated to higher education and wanted to establish this scholarship for both colleges because family members have either worked in these colleges or attended as a student.
- Applicants must be current students (full-or part-time) who have been accepted as candidates into the Professional Education Program in the College of Education and Human Services or the College of Nursing at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh at the time of application.
- Applicants must have at least one semester remaining after the semester in which they apply.
- Applicants must have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a four-point scale).
- Applicants must submit a 1-2 page personal statement describing their participation in activities that show evidence of leadership (excluding athletics).
- Preference will be given to students who are pursuing a major in upper elementary education or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Application can be completed in appropriate years using the College of Education and Human Services, Curriculum and Instruction department's application form or the College of Nursing's general scholarship form.
- Selection will be completed by the College of Education and Human Services in odd numbered years and the College of Nursing in even numbered years.
- In the event the conditions in the future shall render impractical or impossible to fulfill the purposes for which this scholarship has been established, the President of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Foundation in consultation with the Dean of the College of Education and Human Services and the Dean of the College of Nursing, shall award the scholarship to worthy applicants who most closely fit the above established criteria.