Strauch-Nelson, Wendy, Ph.D.
Doctor of Philosophy University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2002
Telephone: (920) 424-7063
Office: Nursing Education 527
Areas of Expertise:
- Child Development in Art
- Art Curriculum Design
- Status of Art Instruction in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program Schools
Dr. Wendy Strauch-Nelson, Assistant Professor, received her BS , MS in Art Education, and Ph.D. in Urban Education from UW-Milwaukee. Her masters thesis was an inquiry into the drawings of Amish children from Wisconsin. Her dissertation, "The State of Art Programming in a Private School Choice Environment," considered the effects of the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program on art instruction for participating children.
Dr. Strauch-Nelson has published in Art Education and School Arts. Her artistic interests are in the areas of painting, ceramics, and book-making. Her work as been exhibited through Wisconsin.
Date of First Employment at UW Oshkosh: Fall 2004
Years of P-12 Experience: 10 years
Classes Typically Taught:
- Art Education Materials
- Foundations of Art Education
- Concepts and Creations for the Elementary Educator
- The Teaching of Art (for Elementary Education majors)
- Supervisor of Art Education Clinicians and Student Teachers