What is a Valid Internship/Co-Op?
A valid experience that will be accepted to fulfill your Professional Experience requirement is an internship or co-op that requires skills and knowledge obtained from College of Business courses. Your position should be similar to an entry-level position for a College of Business graduate, tied to your career goal and/or major.
- What advanced skills and knowledge are ESSENTIAL for this position?
- How will this position enhance my learning in College of Business coursework?
- What responsibilities of this position required advance coursework at an institution of higher education?
- What will I learn or experience from this internship position that I haven’t had the opportunity to learn or experience yet?
A professional experience could include the following roles:
- Employee Training
- Responsibilities Specific to Major
- Research Opportunities
- Projects Specific to Major
- Business to Business Sales
Positions that typically will NOT be considered a Professional Experience for a College of Business student:
- Customer Service Representative
- Bank Teller
- Community Advisor
- Point of Sale Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Sales Floor Personnel
- General Labor