University + Community
Please join us for an engaging workshop with Patrick H. McGaughey, CPF, America's Chamber Mentor, about why an educated community is critical to economic development and how you can prepare your members and local businesses for working with educational partners.
Monday, August 26, 2013
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Sage Hall, UW Oshkosh
835 High Avenue
This workshop will give you a deeper understanding of the trends and concerns for economic development in the New North and Wisconsin in general. You will also discover how you and your members or clients can leverage the resources of the University to encourage business development and economic growth in your region.
This workshop will provide you with the tools for:
- obtaining a better understanding of your members’ or clients’ needs
- recruiting more members or clients to your organization by extending the portfolio of services you have available through partnerships with the University
- helping your economic region create a prepared workforce, find top talent, and encourage a culture of longevity
- training community business leaders to be champions for economic development
- assisting your clients or members with their growth strategies with consulting, coaching, and mentoring
- employing student interns as part of a strategic hiring philosophy
The registration fee for this event is only $75 per person and you are welcome to invite others from your organization to attend. Register online now.