Student Ambassadors Program
College of Business (COB) Ambassadors are a select group of students who represent the college at events, assist with special projects and serve as a member of the Dean's Council. They are representatives of both the college and its students.
Who are the Ambassadors for the 2014-2015 academic year? View the selected students!
Expectations of COB Ambassadors
Events to Host and Attend
Each year, there are many events at which ambassadors may assist at by greeting people and serving as a host. Ambassadors may also attend events to network with business professionals. Ambassadors are expected to assist with two or three events and attend one other during the year. Some of these events are:
- Fall Fest workshops
- Pre-Business Expo (October)
- Business Etiquette Meeting (October)
- Ethics Convocation (November)
- Business Advisory Board meetings (3 per year)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Banquet (January)
- Honors and Awards Ceremony (April)
- Preview Days for high school students considering attending UW Oshkosh (7 per year)
- Odyssey Days for new freshmen to register for fall classes (12 per year, summer)
The college has a number of projects each year that require assistance from students. Ambassadors will be expected to assist with one such project. Some of these projects are:
- Review the current student code of conduct
- Design and maintain the COB Ambassador bulletin board
- Marketing the ambassadors
- Develop a Preview Day informational bulletin board
Although there are extrinsic rewards for serving as an ambassador, the most important is the intrinsic reward — giving back to the college and fellow students. Some of the extrinsic rewards for being selected as a COB Ambassador are:
- Networking with business professionals
- Certificate from the dean, recognizing your contribution to the college
- Opportunity to develop your relationship with members of the college administration
- Showing leadership that can be a key resume item
- A COB shirt identifying you as a member of the COB Ambassadors
- Attend special events
- Making new friends, helping others and having fun!
Only students with over 45 credits and with an overall GPA of 3.2 or better are invited to apply. Each academic year, a limited numbers of students will be selected as ambassadors based on their well-rounded resume. If you have questions, please call Jennifer Buelow at (920) 424-4602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.