Internship Course Requirement
UW Oshkosh College of Business is the only accredited public college in the state to require an internship or co-op.
Students admitted to College of Business are required to complete an internship course concurrent with their internship/co-op. The prerequisites for the internship course (BUS 492 or BUS 442) are admission to the College of Business AND completion of BUS 284. To apply for the internship/co-op course, students must complete the internship course application on Titan Jobs prior to starting the internship.
What counts as a valid internship experience?
A valid experience is an internship or co-op that requires skills and knowledge obtained from College of Business courses. These experiences can be obtained through employment, volunteer activities or project-based opportunities. Your position should be similar to an entry-level position for a College of Business graduate and tied to your career goals and/or major.
Questions to consider when evaluating an internship opportunity:
- What advanced skills and knowledge are ESSENTIAL for this position? How will this position enhance my learning in College of Business coursework?
- What responsibilities of this position require advanced coursework at an institution of higher education?
- What will I learn or experience from this internship that I haven't had the opportunity to learn or experience yet?
- Who will provide supervision and training throughout the internship?
Positions that typically will NOT be considered a professional experience:
- Customer service representative
- Bank teller
- Community adviser
- Point of sale representative
- Administrative assistant
- Sales floor personnel
- General laborer
- Brand ambassador
Typical Internship Roles & Responsibilities
Click on a button below to learn more about a typical internship in your desired major:
Examples of Past Internships
Wondering which companies are hiring interns? Visit the College of Business Featured Internships to find out!