The UW Oshkosh College of Business Professional Development Office provides a streamlined path of opportunities for undergraduate business students to learn about themselves, business careers, and understand how those two coincide for that individual student.
Becoming a “business professional” does not develop in class alone; nor does it occur by “checking off boxes” of activities at any time through a college career. The College of Business provides suggestions and requirements to guide students to the ultimate goal of graduating as a business professional with strong content knowledge and practical, integrated, real-world experience.
By graduation, students will…
- Understand how their skills/abilities are uniquely suited for their major/career choice.
- Have marketing materials that specifically speak to their personal brand.
- Know of several career paths that professionals can achieve with their major and how one becomes successful within that career path.
- Be able to articulate their unique strengths through written and verbal communication.
- Have experience in both small and large-scale networking situations and move toward comfort in those situations.
- Have completed at least one professional internship that built confidence in the student’s ability to work in a professional environment.