Once fully admitted into the College of Business, you will quickly find that the Information Systems Major is a very hands-on program in terms of integrating all aspects of a business. In order to prepare students for a hands on major, classes cover all aspects of programming, planning and development with individual and small group projects.
The faculty supplements this hands-on major with their expertise and knowledge. With the IS faculty having a diverse background in problem formulation, metrics, database design, software development processes, information technology, project planning and much more, their insight and guidance helps enhance student success. Moreover, the IS faculty have a close connection with local and regional employers looking to hire Oshkosh graduates.
IS Major Structure
IS Core (15 credits)
- INFO SYS 201Introduction to Business Application Development
- INFO SYS 314 Systems Analysis & Design (co enrollment in BUS 311)
- INFO SYS 315 Database Systems (BUS 311 w/C)
- INFO SYS 318 Agile Application Development in C# (INFO SYS 201w/C)
- INFO SYS 316 Network and Data Communications (BUS 311 w/C)
Electives (choose 9 credits)
- INFO SYS 445 Introduction to Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (BUS 311 w/C)
- INFO SYS 481 Project Management (COB Admission AND Four Business Essentials courses)
- INFO SYS 432 Agile Web Design and Development (INFO SYS 315 , 318, AND INFO SYS 316)
- INFO SYS 446 Enterprise Resource Planning Systems Configuration and Implementation (INFO SYS 445)
- INFO SYS 433 Mobile Application Development (INFO SYS 432)
- BUS 417 Information Systems Strategy and Management (COB Admission AND at least co-enrollment in Business 311, BUS 351, BUS 361, BUS 320, BUS 331, BUS 341, BUS 371, AND (Business 442 OR Business 492)).