Thinking of Starting a Business?
What Do I Need to Do to Start a Business?
Business Planning Materials
The Small Business Development Center at UW Oshkosh specializes in helping business owners prepare the plans they need to successfully start or expand a business.
- Detailed plan for businesses requiring outside financing.
- Simplified plan for businesses requiring little or no financing.
The following documents are used to gather the information needed to write either a detailed business plan or simplified marketing plan:
- Researching & Writing a Plan - Market Assessment
- Researching & Writing a Plan - Market Assessment (PDF format)
- Researching & Writing a Plan - Financial Assessment
- Researching & Writing a Plan - Financial Assessment (PDF format)
- Researching & Writing a Plan - Management Assessment
- Researching & Writing a Plan - Management Assessment (PDF format)
- Researching & Writing a Plan - Finishing the Business Plan
- Researching & Writing a Plan - Finishing the Business Plan (PDF format)
Small-Scale Commercial Food Processing Food Safety Regulations For Small Food Processing Facilities & Farmers Market Vendors
Loans and Grant Information
Press here for information on SBA loans and grant that may be available for you.
Wisconsin Business AnswerLine (WIBAL)
The Wisconsin Business AnswerLine is staffed by experienced entrepreneurs to give instant answers to small business owners and their staff in the state of Wisconsin. Press here for more information.
If you would like further assistance from a member of our counseling staff, please call 1-800-232-8939 or (920) 424-1453 in the Oshkosh area.
America's Small Business Development Centers
America’s Small Business Development Center Network is the most comprehensive small business assistance network in the United States and its territories. The mission of the network is to help new entrepreneurs realize their dream of business ownership, and assist existing businesses to remain competitive in the complex marketplace of an ever-changing global economy. For its Resource page, click here.
Free Legal Services for Entrepreneurs
The UW Madison Law School's Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic provides free legal services to entrepreneurs and small businesses. For more information, click here.
Industry Analysis - Research Resources
Industry Information Resources is a free resource guide published by ValuationResources.com to industry-specific resources and data for over 400 industries. Individual pages for each industry list resources and data available from trade associations, industry publications, and research firms.