The College of Business MBA Program offers a graduate certificate. The Foundations of Business Certificate Program provide graduate coursework that develops the skills and knowledge contained in the functional areas of business. The certificate is comprised of foundation courses from the MBA Program designed to provide management background for students with non-business undergraduate degrees. All courses applied toward a certificate must be taken through UW Oshkosh and completed within four years.
UW Oshkosh MBA Foundations of Business Certificate
- Can be a mixture of on-site and online foundation (level I) courses.
- Open to all students with an undergraduate degree.
NOTE: Undergraduate course work will not count toward the certificates.
The Foundations of Business Certificate Program of
- BUS 700 Accounting Foundations (3 cr.)
- BUS 750 Organizational Foundations (1.5 cr.)
- BUS 770 Marketing Foundations (1.5 cr.)
Six credits from the following:
- BUS 712 Foundations of Statistics (3 cr.)
- BUS 730 Finance Foundations (1.5 cr.)
- BUS 740 Foundations of Production/Operations Management (1.5 cr)
- ECON 704 Basic Economic Theory (3 cr.)
*Courses taken online may have different credit values.
Minimum requirements to take course
A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
How to apply for a certificate
- Apply for admission to UW Oshkosh. If you are not a U.S. citizen, please complete the international student application materials. If you are planning to apply to the MBA Program, you can complete a second application at the same time.
- Submit a non-refundable, one-time application fee payable to UW Oshkosh. The application fee can be paid online by credit card during the application submission process.
- Complete and submit the candidacy worksheet.
- Complete the application to graduation/certificate completion form for the Office of Graduate Studies: Certificate Completion
Click on + to open/close the selection.
- When should I apply?
- The online application and application fee can be completed at anytime while you are taking classes but will need to be completed before the certificate will be awarded. The candidacy worksheet can be downloaded and used as a study plan. The candidacy worksheet needs to be submitted to the MBA Office upon completion of the certificate requirements.
- Where can I take courses for the certificate?
All the foundation courses are available on the UW Oshkosh campus, in Green Bay and online.
- How frequently are the foundation courses offered?
- Foundation courses are offered every semester online and at least once per year in Oshkosh and Green Bay. Please see the class schedule page for current offerings.
- Should I later apply to the MBA Program at UW Oshkosh, will these courses be accepted?
- Yes, the courses will be accepted as foundation requirements for the MBA program.
- How do I register for courses taught at UW Oshkosh, in Green Bay, or online?
- You register with the MBA Program at UW Oshkosh as a "special graduate student" by submitting official transcripts along with the special student registration form.
To find the course details required on the form, you just need to access the semester's class detail page and find the appropriate class. You will find the course number/ section/ name and five-digit class number there (as well as additional course details.)
All students taking MBA classes must have an official transcript on file. Please have your transcripts sent to: Terry Rapp, UW Oshkosh, College of Business, 800 Algoma Blvd., Oshkosh, WI, 54901-8675.
- Will there be a time limit on completing courses for the certificate?
- No, but it is recommended that course work be completed within three to four years to assure continuity.