EMBA Module Details
Module 1: Orientation, Advancement and Leadership
The program begins with a four-day Orientation Residency, which includes:
- An overview of the program.
- Strategies for balancing work and non-work pressures and family support.
- Advancing yourself, your team, the enterprise and the economic region.
- Developing an understanding of different functions within your organization and the economic region.
- Initial case study.
Module 2: Decision Making
This module provides you with the foundational tools of applied decision making. It focuses on:
- The five levels of leadership.
- Quantitative decision making under uncertainty.
- Qualitative decision making--understanding perpetual biases and other common decision-making errors.
- Business forecasting.
- Economics of the enterprise and financial reporting.
- Tools and techniques for making decisions and allocating resources across competing priorities.
Module 3: The Business Environment
During Module 3, you'll learn:
- How to identify and define marketing opportunities.
- How marketing strategy fits within business strategy, international business and the global environment.
- About managing the supply chain, and political, economic and social environments of the countries to be visited during the 10- to 12-day international trip (concluding with the trip).
Module 4: The Economics of the Enterprise
This module provides you with foundations of economic analysis of business choices in light of industry market structure and regulation. You'll study:
- Macroeconomics for executives.
- Legal Environment of business.
- The role ethics has in career advancement and decision making.
- Technology and optimal systems.
- Managing talent, including yourself and others.
Module 5: The Financial Environment
Module 5 focuses on common approaches to evaluating the effectiveness of an organization's accounting function. You will:
- Conduct an assessment of the firm's economic environment to improve decision making and strategic planning.
- Look at organizational costs, financial analysis and project management from a leader's perspective.
- Learn how to become both innovative and entrepreneurial in any organization.
Module 6: Making it Happen
During this module, you'll look at:
- Strategic marketing planning and corporate financial strategy.
- How to evaluate an enterprise-wide risk management program.
- How to evaluate financial resources and regional risk management issues.
- How to be a change agent and leader within your organization, managing the conflict, politics and challenges that result from change.
Module 7: Culminating Residency
This module focuses on:
- Local, national and international resources.
- Interaction with the government.
- Public role as a business and community leader.
- Pulling it all together.
- Team project utilizing strategies learned in previous modules.