Once fully admitted into the College of Business, you will quickly find that the Information Systems Major is a very hands-on program in terms of integrating all aspects of a business. In order to prepare students for a hands on major, classes cover all aspects of programming, planning and development with individual and small group projects.
The faculty supplements this hands-on major with their expertise and knowledge. With the IS faculty having a diverse background in problem formulation, metrics, database design, software development processes, information technology, project planning and much more, their insight and guidance helps enhance student success. Moreover, the IS faculty have a close connection with local and regional employers looking to hire Oshkosh graduates.
IS Major Structure
IS Core (15 credits)
- BUS 260 Introduction to Business Application Development
- BUS 314 Systems Analysis & Design (co enrollment in BUS 311)
- BUS 315 Database Systems (BUS 311 w/C)
- BUS 318 Agile Application Development in C# (BUS 260 w/C)
- BUS 355 Network and Data Communications (BUS 311 w/C)
Electives (choose 9 credits)
- BUS 319 Introduction to Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (BUS 311 w/C)
- BUS 411 Project Management (COB Admission AND Four Business Essentials courses)
- BUS 412 Agile Web Design and Development (BUS 315, 318, AND BUS 355)
- BUS 415 Enterprise Resource Planning Systems Configuration and Implementation (BUS 319)
- BUS 416 Mobile Application Development (BUS 412)
- BUS 417 Information Systems Strategy and Management (COB Admission AND at least co-enrollment in Business 311, 351, 361, 320, 331, 341, 371, AND (Business 442 OR Business 492)).