GMAT and GRE Information
The UW Oshkosh MBA Program requires either the GRE or GMAT exam for admission. Both exams measure verbal, quantitative and analytical writing skills, and are designed to help predict a student's successful academic performance.
Please try to schedule the test 30-60 days in advance. We strongly encourage you to review before taking either exam. Free downloadable PowerPrep review software is available from the following Web sites:
For the GMAT: www.mba.com
For the GRE: www.gre.com
If you purchase a review book, we encourage you to purchase a review book/CD-ROM package.
Free practice test available at the GMAT Website: www.mba.com
Try These Links for more practice tests:
Timed and scored GRE and GMAT practice tests (5 tests for $40): www.800score.com
GREPreparation Material for the GRE revised General Test if testing on or after August 1, 2011 can be found here
For more information about the current and revised GRE test, check out their website at TakeTheGre.com
The GRE is available by appointment at one of the nine locations below:
An appointment is required to take the exam.
The GMAT will only be available at Pearson VUE Testing Centers in:
|Brookfield||Bishops Woods Center
13555 Bishops Ct, Suite L10
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Eau Claire||3610 Oakwood Mall Dr, Suite 102
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Kenosha||Johnson Bank Building
7500 Green Bay Rd, Suite 311
Kenosha, WI 53142
|Madison||Prairie Trail Office Suites II
8517 Excelsior Dr, Suite 105
Madison, WI 53717
Additional information can be found at www.mba.com.
Waiving the GMAT/GRE Exam
* About 15% of applicants are allowed to waive the GMAT/GRE exam with the completion of:
- One of the professional certifications listed below.
- A domestic graduate degree as shown on an official transcript.
- A written waiver petition based on extensive business experience that demonstrates progressive responsibilities throughout the organization. The minimum experience for consideration is 10 years of full time progressive professional experience with at least 5 years in an upper management or supervisory position. If there is a possibility you might qualify for a waiver based on work experience, please email email@example.com with your request and resume for pre-approval. Requesting the waiver or meeting the minimum requirement does not guarantee that a waiver will be granted.
Professional Certifications that waive the GMAT/GRE:
- CFA, Certified Financial Analyst
- CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- CIA, Certified Internal Auditor
- CIRM, Certified in Resource Management
- CLU, Chartered Life Underwriter
- CMA, Certified Management Accountant
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant
- CPCU, Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter
- CPIM, Certified in Production and Inventory Management
- CPM, Certified Purchasing Manager
- CPSM, Certified Professional in Supply Management
- CQA, Certified Quality Auditor
- CSCP, Certified Supply Chain Professional
- Financial Licensures Series 7 and 24, and either 63 or 66
- Member, Society of Actuaries
- PE, Professional Engineer (test certification only)
- PgMP, Program Management Professional
- PMP, Project Management Professional
- QPA, Qualified Pension Administrator
- Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (ASQ)
- CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management