Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS)
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), a business honor society, is the highest international recognition a business student can receive in a program accredited by AACSB International.
To be eligible for membership, the academic ranking of those being considered must place them in one of the following:
- Upper 10% of the second semester junior class
- Upper 10% of the senior class
- Upper 20% of the graduating masters class
BGS membership places one among a very select group. Of those in the U.S. who receive baccalaureate or master's degrees in business each year, only eight percent earn lifetime membership.
The mission of the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business, to foster personal and professional excellence, to advance the values of the society, and to serve its lifelong members.
The mission is supported by the five objectives of the society. These include:
- Encourage and honor high academic achievement by students of business and management through chapters in business programs accredited by AACSB International.
- Foster in Beta Gamma Sigma members an enduring commitment to the founding principles and values of the Society — honor and integrity, pursuit of wisdom and earnestness.
- Support the advancement of business thought and practice to encourage lifelong learning.
- Enhance the value of Beta Gamma Sigma for students and alumni members in their professional lives.
- Advance the visibility and reputation of Beta Gamma Sigma.