Click on the question to open/close the response.
General College of Business Questions
- Does the College of Business offer study abroad programs?
- UW Oshkosh students have many opportunities to study at a foreign university for a semester or take advantage of short-term study abroad tours. We encourage such experiences. Contact your adviser about the process for getting advanced approval of the courses you will take abroad if you are doing a semester long stay. The College of Business offers study abroad programs to many countries, including Western Europe, China, India, Scotland and Peru. Visit the study abroad section for more details.
- Who is my adviser?
- Your assigned adviser is listed on your TitanWeb account.
- How and when can I apply for graduation?
- To apply for graduation, students can fill out the online graduation application on the Registrar's Web site. Applications for graduation are due by the last day of the semester preceding the semester in which you plan to complete
your degree requirements.
NOTE: COB has an earlier deadline. Check with your faculty adviser for the specific date.
- How do I request a policy exception?
- An appeal process is available for possible exceptions to university or college policies. Please see your adviser for an explanation of the appropriate procedure for your request.
- How and when do I apply to the College of Business?
- To apply for admission to the College of Business, see your UARC business adviser at least two weeks before your registration appointment date. You must apply to the College of Business during the semester you complete the business pre-core courses or when you plan to register for your final business pre-core courses and upper-level business courses. The deadlines for both continuing and transfer students to apply to the college is July 1 for fall semester and January 1 for spring semester. Applications are reviewed two weeks after the 14-week term and final grades are posted. Students will then be notified by mail of admission decisions. See College Admission Criteria.
- How do I transfer credits from another school to UW Oshkosh?
- Contact your previous undergraduate university/college and request an official transcript. Upon review by UW Oshkosh advisers, the amount of credits accepted will be determined.
- What if I am transferring to another school?
- Contact the transfer college to receive requirements for acceptance. An official transcript from UW Oshkosh will need to be mailed to the institution for an evaluation of credits.
- What if I'd like to study abroad for a semester?
- UW Oshkosh students have many opportunities to study at a foreign university for a semester. We encourage such experiences. Contact your adviser about the process for getting advanced approval of the courses you till take abroad.
- What if I am missing a prerequisite for a class?
- If you have not met course prerequisites, you will be removed from the class in question and notified by mail. If you would like to appeal for a prerequisite exception, contact your adviser.
- How do I get on a waiting list for closed classes?
- To get on a waiting list, students can complete the online wait list form or come to the College of Business Undergraduate Office in Sage Hall 1608 and complete a wait list card.
- What does "department consent" mean on TitanWeb?
- When a business course in TitanWeb lists "department consent," a waiting list has been started for the course. The online wait list request form can be accessed HERE. Wait list request forms are also available in the College of Business Undergraduate Office, Sage Hall, Suite 1608.
- Can I take a 300/400 level class without admission to the College of Business?
- Yes, students not admitted to the College of Business can enroll in 300/400 level business courses. You must have 60 credits and a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and meet any other course requirements. You can take a maximum of six credits of 300/400 level business courses per semester and a maximum of 30 total credits without being admitted to the college.
- Can I take an economics class without admission to the College of Business?
- The economics team offers three degrees for its major (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Business Administration). Therefore, students do not need to be admitted to the College of Business to enroll in the economics courses. Students will need to meet the prerequisite listed for the class.
- Does COB offer online courses?
- The college offers limited courses online. Students can contact the College of Business Undergraduate Office (Sage Hall 1608 / 920-424-3269), visit TitanWeb or check with an academic adviser for information. For graduate level courses, contact the MBA Program adviser at (920) 424-3199 or email@example.com.
- What is the COB residency requirement for a major/degree or a business minor?
- For a major/degree, at least 50% of the business courses must be completed at UW Oshkosh. For a business minor, a minimum of 9 credits of 300/400 level business courses must be completed at the University.
- What is the internship requirement?
College of Business students are required to complete an internship or
co-op before graduating. Internships are structured as learning
experiences that combine in-class theory with real-world applications
to prepare students for their professional career. For more information, visit the internship site.
- What counts as a valid internship experience?
- A valid experience is an internship or co-op that requires skills and knowledge obtained from College of Business courses. Positions should be similar to entry-level positions for a College of Business graduate and tied to career goals and/or major.
- How can I obtain an internship?
- Internship experiences can be obtained through employment, volunteer activities or project-based opportunities. Visit the internship site for more information about finding an internship. It is always a good idea to meet with the College of Business internship director (in Sage Hall 1608) before starting your search.