Ph.D. Economics. Michigan State University, 1999
|Expertise:||History of Economic Thought, History of Public Finance, Education Pedagogy|
- Johnson, M. (Forthcoming). James M. Buchanan, Chicago, and Post War Public FInance. Journal of the History of Economic Thought 36 (4).
- Johnson, M., Robson, D.A., & Taengnoi Siemers, S. (Forthcoming). A Meta Analysis of the Gender Gap in Performance in Collegiate Economics Courses. Review of Social Economy.
- Johnson, M. (2014). Progressivism and Academic Public Finance, 1880 - 1930. History of Political Economy 46 (1).
- Johnson, M., & Cotti, C. (2012). Teaching Economics Using Historical Novels: Jonathan Harr's The Lost Painting, The Quest for a Caravaggio Masterpiece. Journal of Economic Education 43 (3).
- Johnson, M., Robson, D.A., & Taengnoi Siemers, S. (2012). Study Designs Influence on Empirical Findings in Economic Education. Applied Economics Letters 19 (16-18).
- Johnson, M. (2011). Public Finance and Wisconsin Institutionalism, 1892 - 1929. Journal of Economic Issues 45 (4).
- Johnson, M. (2011). Wicksells Justice and the Scandinavian and Public Choice Traditions. International Journal of Social Economics 38 (7).
- Johnson, M. (2010). Wicksell's Social Philosophy and his Unanimity Rule. Review of Social Economy, 68 (2).
- Johnson, M., Haley, M.R., & McGee, M.K. (2010). A Framework for Reconsidering the Lake Wobegon Effect. Journal of Economic Education 41 (2).
- Johnson, M. Wicksell, Buchanan and the Problem of Maldistribution in Public Choice. Paper presented at History of Economics Society Conference, "History of Economics Society" Montreal.
- Johnson, M. Voluntary Exchange and Market Failure. Paper presented at History of Political Economy (HOPE) Conference, "Duke University" Raleigh Durham, NC. April 2014.
- Johnson, M. Public Economics, Market Failure, and Voluntary Exchange. Paper presented at Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Meetings , "History of Economics Society Sessions" Philadelphia. January 2014.
- Johnson, M. The Earlier Origins of Public Choice. Paper presented at History of Economics Society Confernece, "History of Economics Society" Univeristy of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. June 2013.
- Johnson, M. James Buchanan, Post War Public Finance, and A New Path. Paper presented at HES Annual Conference, "History of Economics Society" Brock University, Ontario, Canada. June 2012.
- External. (2008). "Internationalizing the Business Curriculum In and Out of the Classroom"Awarded by U.S. Department of Education; Business and International Education. Teaching and Learning Scholarship.
- External. (2005). "Lecturing in Public Finance"Awarded by Fulbright Program, CIES. Applied or Integration/Application Scholarship.
- Thrivent Professorship, Received, College of Business, May 1, 2011.
- Dean's Exceptional Performance Award, Received, College of Business, September 2, 2008.
- Penson Award, Received, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, May 27, 2008.
- Endowed Professorship, 2007 - 2011, Received, Oshkosh Corporation Endowed Professorship, July 10, 2007.
- Excellence in Teaching, Sigma Alpha Pi National Society of Leadership and Success, UW Oshkosh Chapter, April 29, 2007.
- American Economic Association.
- History of Economics Society.
- Midwest Economics Association.