Joann N Cross
Ph.D. Accounting. University of Illinois Urbana, 1981
Department Co-Chair, Accounting
|Office:||Sage Hall 1465|
- Kunkel, R.A., & Cross, J.N. (2012). Andersen implosion over Enron: an analysis of the contagion effect on Fortune 500 firms. Managerial Finance.
- Cross, J.N. (1998). The First Wisconsin Accountancy Bill: An Historical Perspective. The Accounting Historians Journal.
- Cross, J.N., & Schellenger, M.H. (1994). FASB 95 Cashflow & Bankruptcy. Journal Of Economics & Business.
- Cross, J.N. (1999). Review: Williams "Accounting for Steam and Cotton: Two Eighteenth Century Case Studies". The Accounting Historians Journal.
- Cross, J.N. (1996). Review: Solomons and Zeff. "Accounting Research, 1948-1958, Volumes I and II". The Accounting Historians Journal.
- Cross, J.N. (2012). Revenue Recognition: Getting the New and Old Standard Right. AICPA.
- Cross, J.N. (2009). Troubled Times: Current Economic Crisis. AICPA.
- WICPA Award of Excellence - Distinguished Career, Received, WICPA Award of Excellence, May 2014.
- WACADA Regional Advising Award, Received, WACADA, September 2013.
- UW Oshkosh WACADA Advising Award, Received, UARC, May 2013.
- Outstanding Paper, Received, Midwest Finance Association, March 2011.
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Academy of Accounting Historians.
- Institute of Management Accountants.
- Wisconsin Institute of CPAs.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Certified Global Manangement Accountant, 2012-02-01.
- Certified Governmental Financial Manager, 1994-12-01.
- Certified Management Accountant, 1990-11-01.
- Certified Public Accountant, 1979-11-01.
- Academic Professional: Academy of Accounting Historians, Officer, President/Elect/Past, January 2014 - Present
- Department: Accounting Department, Chairperson, May 2010 - Present
- Community: United Way of Oshkosh, Officer, Treasurer, 2009 - Present
- UW Oshkosh: Segregated Fee Committee, 2004 - Present
- College of Business: College of Business, Other, Club Advisor, 2003 - Present