Gary A. Adams
Ph.D. Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Central Michigan University, 1995
|Expertise:||Human Resource Management, Behavioral Science/Organizational Behavior, Quantitative Methods|
- Adams, G.A., & Webster, J.R. (2012). Emotional Regulation as a Mediator between Interpersonal Mistreatment and Distress. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
- Adams, G.A., & Rau, B.L. (2011). Putting off tomorrow to do what you want today: Planning for retirement. American Psychologist.
- Adams, G.A., Webster, J.R., & Buyarski, D.M. Development of an Occupational Embeddedness Meaure. Career Development International.
- Adams, G.A., & Buck, J. Social stressors and strain among police officers: Its not just the bad guys. Criminal Justice and Behavior.
- Adams, G.A., & Webster, J.R. (2010). Organizational support, contract fulfillment, preferred status and outcomes among part-timers. Journal of Business and Psychology.
- Burrell, L., Adams, G.A., Durand, D., Castro, C., & (2006). The impact of military lifestyle demands on well-being, Army, and family outcomes.. Armed Forces and Society.
- Rau, B.L., & Adams, G.A. (2005). Attracting retirees to apply: desired organizational characteristics of bridge employment. Journal of Organizational Behavior.
- Adams, G.A., Durand, D., Burrell, L., Teitelbaum, J., Pehrson, K., Hawkins, J., & (2005). Direct and indirect effects of operations tempo on outcomes for soldiers and spouses. Military Psychology.
- Dendinger, V., Adams, G.A., & Jacobson, J. (2005). Reasons for working and their relationship to retirement attitudes, job satisfaction and occupational self-efficacy of bridge employees. International Journal of Aging and Human Development.
- Jankoski, M., Schnurr, P., Adams, G.A., Green, B., Ford, J., & Friedman, M. (2004). A mediational model of PTSD in WWII veterans exposed to mustard gas. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 17, 303-310.
- Adams, G.A., & Rau, B.L. (2004). Job seeking among retirees seeking bridge employment. Personnel Psychology.
- Ford, J., Schnurr, P., Friedman, M., Green, B., Adams, G.A., & Jex, S. (2004). Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms, physical health and health care utilization 50 years after repeated exposure to a toxic gas. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 17, 185-194.
- Shultz, K., & Adams, G.A. (2007). Aging and Work in the 21st Century. Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Rau, B.L., & Adams, G.A. Retirement and Human Resources Management: A Strategic Approach. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Burrell, L., Adams, G.A., Durand, D., & Castro, C. (2010). Families facing the demands of military life: New research directions. Washington, DC: National Defense University press.
- Wang, M., Adams, G.A., Beehr, T., Shultz, K., & (2009). Bridge employment and retirement: Issues: Opportunities during the latter part of one's career. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Adams, G.A., & Shultz, K. (2007). Editors overview. Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Shultz, K., & Adams, G.A. (2007). In search of a unifying paradigm for understanding aging and work in the 21st century. Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Adams, G.A., & Shultz, K.S. (2006). Retirement (1). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications: Encyclopedia of human development.
- Adams, G.A., & Shultz, K.S. (2006). Retirement (2). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage: The Encyclopedia of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (pp. 678-680).
- Adams, G.A., Jex, S., & Cunnignham, C. (2006). Work-family conflict among military personnel. Westport, CT: Praeger.
- Adams, G.A., & Beehr, T.A. (2003). Concluding observations and future endeavors. New York: Springer: Retirement research: Reasons, processes and results.
- Beehr, T.A., & Adams, G.A. (2003). Introduction and overview of current research and thinking about retirement. New York: Springer. : Retirement research: Reasons, processes and results.
- Jex, S., Adams, G.A., & Ehler, M. (2002). Assessing the Role of Negative Affectivity in Occupational Stress Research: Does Gender Make a Difference? . Washington, DC: American Psychological Association: Gender, work stress, and health: Current research issues.
- Outstanding MBA Faculty, Received, Outstanding MBA Faculty nominated by COB MBA Students, May 2011.
- Endowed Professor, Received, Endowed Professorship UW Oshkosh Foundation, September 7, 2009.
- Society for Human Resources Management.
- Society for Occupational Health Psychology.
- Academy of Management.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology.