Thank you for your interest in our internship program. We hope you find the content on this page useful. If you have any questions feel free to contact Jessie Pondell, Professional Development Director, at (920) 424-3032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Hiring a UW Oshkosh Intern
- Interns can bring fresh, new ideas to your organization.
- Have them tackle projects that have been in the back of your mind.
- It's a great way to recruit prospective full-time employees.
"Thrivent Financial for Lutherans offers students an active learning experience through projects that provide tangible benefit to the organization. While it takes time and effort to bring an intern on board, the benefits outweigh the investment. When given challenging assignments, our interns have achieved excellent results. They also share fresh ways of thinking about the ways we serve our members, their families, and their communities."
— Suzanne Maas, Director of Claims Operations, Thrivent Financial
"As a former HR Intern and now the Human Resources Consultant at SECURA Insurance, I have seen the benefits of both sides. I enjoy having interns because I know that what they are learning here will benefit them a great deal when they graduate. Out interns have essentially the same responsibilities as someone in a professional position. They offer so many great ideas and can look at things with a different perspective. This is definitely a great learning experience for both of us."
— Sam Benjamin, Human Resources Consultant, SECURA Insurance
College of Business Highlights
- There are 1700 students pursuing a business degree from UW Oshkosh.
- We are the only College of Business in Wisconsin that requires every student to complete a professional internship before graduation.
- Join us for our annual College of Business Networking Night each fall. Watch your e-mail, contact the College of Business or go to our Networking Night Web site.
- We are the only AACSB nationally accredited business school in the New North.
- The College of Business ranked in the top 10 of schools with highest first-time CPA exam pass rate six times since 1996.
Employers interested in hiring an intern should follow these steps to build a quality experience and acquire an intern to meet your needs:
Get to know the Professional Development Office — For any assistance or further information, contact the College of Business Professional Development Director, Jessie Pondell, at (920) 424-3032 or. Jessie can answer any questions you might have and assist you in developing a successful experience for both you and the student.
Create Your Position — Take a look at the needs of your organization and the skills an intern could bring to the table. You may choose to hire interns on an as-needed basis or have consistent internship rotation. The COB Internship Office will be more than happy to discuss these options and help determine what might be best for your organization.
Announce Your Internship — All COB internships are advertised using Titan Jobs, an online database. To create your account or log on to your existing account, please go to. Once your position has been posted, further steps will be taken by the Professional Development Office to make sure students are aware of the opportunity.
Internship Supervisor Responsibilities
(click HERE to find supervisor responsibilities)
We hope that you will strongly consider entering into this opportunity with the UW Oshkosh College of Business. Please contact Jessie Pondell,or (920) 424-3032 with any questions or to start the process. We look forward to working with you and your organization!
Complete the short form to have information sent to you.