Awards and Nominations
2013 Alumni & Faculty Honorees:
- Outstanding Alumnus of the Year: Tim Greinert, '85, President of Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
- Outstanding Young Alumnus of the Year: Jeff Koga, '04, Associate Vice President, Integrated Product Support for Oshkosh Defense
- Distinguished Faculty of the Year: Burk Tower, Mayor of Oshkosh
Awards and Recognition
UW Oshkosh takes pride in the success of our graduates in their professional careers and through their civic involvement. Each year during homecoming, the Alumni Association recognizes these extraordinary individuals with:
- The Distinguished Alumni Award – the highest award that alumni can receive from the association. It is awarded to individuals who are active in their professional fields and are widely recognized for their career accomplishments.
- The Outstanding Young Alumni Award – awarded to alumni who have graduated within the last 15 years. Selection is based on professional and civic accomplishments and future promise.
Nominate a Deserving Graduate
We want your help in identifying exceptional alumni. Submit your nomination form today to pay tribute to former classmates or notable friends who you commend for reaching and exceeding their career goals.
The priority nomination deadline is February 20th of each year to ensure timely completion of the full process.
Please submit the following information to:
College of Business, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd., Oshkosh, WI 54901
- Your name, address, work phone and home phone.
- The name of the alumnus you are nominating.
- A current resume of this person.
- A description of why you feel this person would be a good candidate for the College of Business Outstanding Alumni Award.
Once the information is received, the nominee will be contacted by the Alumni Office. If the nominee accepts, he or she will complete the process by submitting the following materials by March 25:
- Resume or Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Nominee Questionnaire
UW Oshkosh Alumni Awards Dinner
When: Friday Oct. 17, 2014
Alumni Welcome and Conference Center
5 p.m. Reception to greet award recipients
6 p.m. Dinner
Cost: $30 per person
This is a time to acknowledge the recipients of the Distinguished & Outstanding Young Alumni Awards.
CBAA Scholarship and Recipients
Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students admitted in good standing to the College of Business with a declared major(s) in business.
Applicants must be a student at UW Oshkosh the fall semester of the year they receive the scholarship.
Applicant must show evidence of extracurricular activities (either work-related or part of volunteer experience with a student club or other organization) which contribute to the student developing leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, teamwork abilities, interpersonal skills and technical and computer-related skills.
Applicants must possess good leadership skills and other attributes important for business success.
Applicants must possess the minimum GPA to be accepted in good standing into the College of Business.
The scholarship will be held at the Cashier’s Office for payment against the recipient’s fall tuition expenses.
The dollar amount of the scholarship will be a minimum of $750. The CBAA board of directors can determine to give more than one award if the principle of the fund warrants this.
This scholarship is an annual award and is not intended to be renewable for the recipient.
The recipient is presented with a certificate at the UW Oshkosh Honors and Awards Ceremony in the spring of each year by a CBAA board member.
Current and Past CBAA Scholarship Recipients
2010 Kyle Ackert, Human Resource Management and Ann Duginske, Marketing
2009 LeNee Xiong, Human Resource Management and Austin Volden, Accounting & Economics
2008 Jennifer Blohm, Accounting and Ashley Schroeder, Human Resource Management
2007 Kelly Maly, Marketing
2006 Eric Stetler, Accounting, Finance & Economics
2005 Zachary Stockero, Accounting & MIS
2004 Cliff Moll, Finance
2003 Dep Bui, MIS, and Hoang Tran, MIS
2002 Luke Strand, Human Resource Management
2001 Heidi L. Reinke, Marketing
2000 F. Justin Briski, Operations Management
1999 Carrie Anderson, Marketing
1998 Brett Davis, Marketing
1997 Seth A. Smith, Accounting & Finance