As an accounting major at UW Oshkosh, you may pursue either a 120 credit or 150 credit program. The latter is required to sit for the CPA exam. Regardless of which program you pursue, the accounting curriculum is a balanced program in financial and managerial accounting, offered in a lock-step manner (i.e., course offered in either semester, not both semesters). Students gain the skills and knowledge, and build the relationships to succeed in the accounting profession.
Recommended Options for Additional Credit Hours:
1. Earn a second major – in COB (e.g. Finance)
2. Take a tailored set of courses
- Elective courses in accounting – e.g. Fraud Examination (ACCT 407), Advanced Accounting (ACCT 408), Topics (ACCT 409 – if offered), Business Law II (BUS 322)
- Courses in Finance – e.g. Advanced Financial Management (FINANCE 436), Business Risk Management and Insurance (FINANCE 440), Financial Planning for Individuals (FINANCE 351), Financial Statement Analysis (FINANCE 431)
- Other COB courses – e.g. Employee Relations (MHR 382), Entrepreneurship (MHR 373), ERP Systems (INFO SYS 446), Managing the Small Growing Business (MHR 475), Internship (BUS 492)
- Courses outside COB – e.g. Advanced English Grammar (Eng 301), Topics-Grammar & Style (Eng 387), Business and Professional Speaking (Communication 304)