We, the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Business value:
- the significance of relevant higher education and lifelong learning to the effective functioning of a modern global society
- the importance of being visionary, entrepreneurial, and risk-taking as antecedents for successful academic and professional growth
- the necessity of revising educational experiences, methods, technologies, and delivery systems to meet the changing needs of students, business organizations, and society in general
- the importance of fairness, honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical behavior in our actions, relationships, and in the performance of business activity
- a respect and appreciation for diversity in our classrooms, workplace, associations, and relationships
- the importance of continuous planning, assessment, and improvement to maintain currency, relevancy, and increasing levels of quality in our educational and operational processes
- the significance of collaborations and partnerships with university, business, and other stakeholder organizations in the achievement of our educational mission
Our College of Business will be recognized as a premier public business education institution. This recognition will result from the delivery of high quality, innovative and applied business programs , the production of high quality research, the existence of select centers of excellence, and the implementation of significant value-added initiatives that differentiate the College from other institutions.
The Mission of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Business is to be a leader in providing high quality and applied business academic programs to enhance the economic vitality of Northeastern Wisconsin and beyond. We do so through dedicated student-focused teaching, profound student professional development, relevant applied, discipline-based, and pedagogical research, and value-adding outreach activity.
Our strategic intent is to make the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Business the school of choice for highly capable and motivated students from Northeastern Wisconsin and beyond. We also intend to make the College the workplace of choice for faculty and staff.
To achieve our strategic intent and realize our vision, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Business is committed to making continued progress on the following goals:
- Goal #1 : Recruit and retain high-quality and diverse students who are prepared to succeed in their chosen career paths (Student Recruitment, Retention, and Learning)
- Goal #2: Maintain high quality educational programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level, which evolve in response to emerging community needs (Program Quality and Innovation)
- Goal #3 : Recruit, retain and promote high-quality and diverse faculty and staff who are committed to the College Mission (Faculty and Staff Recruitment, Retention, and Advancement)
- Goal #4 : Be effective stewards of our financial resources and provide sufficient, independent and sustainable funding sources to support College operations and initiatives (Resources and Physical Environment)
- Goal #5 : Recognize and reward the accomplishments and activities of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and business stakeholders (Stakeholder Recognition and Rewards)
- Goal #6 : Implement a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy that fosters high levels of communication both within and outside the College and promotes and elevates the image of the College to stakeholders and peer institutions (Communications, Marketing, and Promotion)
- Goal #7 : Develop and maintain strong and enduring relationships with all internal and external stakeholders (Stakeholder Relationship Building)
- Goal #8 : Adopt methods and processes that continuously improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our education delivery and administrative systems in the College (Educational Operational Excellence)