College of Business Outstanding Faculty Award Criteria
This award serves to annually recognize a faculty member whose contributions to the College of Business have profoundly and positively impacted the academic, personal, and professional lives of the students. This award was initiated and founded by the graduating class of 2013 to establish an award that is nominated, selected, and presented by the constituency most affected by the contributions of the professor – the students.
- Nominee must be a member of the College of Business faculty (does not require full professorship)
- Nominee must have taught at least one class within the last 4 consecutive semesters
- Nominations for the award will be compiled in units called a “nomination packet”
- A nomination packet refers to a collection of testimonials (nominations) from multiple members of the senior class that are collected by one individual
- Testimonials from individuals of class level other than senior status are acceptable to be submitted with the packet for consideration, but will not be given the same weight as those from individuals with senior status
- The person responsible for collecting and compiling these nominations is known as the “nominating party”, and must be of senior standing or higher
- All nomination testimonials must include the name, class standing, and Titan ID# of the writer, as well as a notation as to whether the individual would like to remain anonymous (unlinked to their testimonial)
- If multiple packets are submitted for the same faculty, they will be considered jointly and both nominating parties will be notified if their nominee is picked
- The nominating parties will then share the nomination as co-nominators
- The nominating party will have the opportunity to be included in the presentation of the award to the receiving faculty, as well as being able to prepare a short presentation speech for the presentation at the COB Honors and Awards Banquet held on May 4, 2014
- The nomination packet will consist of an application form, a summary and testimonial by the nominating senior, testimonials by other seniors, and testimonials by other classmen
- March 26: Deadline for the submission of nomination packets to Julia Hodgen, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sage Hall 2612, 920-424-1444
Download the PDF version of this information which includes a nomination form.