The Children's Center reserves the right to cancel the enrollment of a child for the following reasons:
- Neither parent being a UW Oshkosh student or faculty/staff member
- Non-payment of fees
- Not completing and returning required forms
- Irresponsibility in adhering to your scheduled times
- Mutual agreement between Center Director and parent based on inability to meet child's needs - physical, developmental (including behavioral)
Procedure for mutual agreement discharge:
The Center director sets meeting with parents and teacher, contacts them verbally and follows up in writing:
- Contents of meeting documents in writing placed in child's folder
- The Center director will refer the parents and child to appropriate outside resources if necessary
- Center staff will work cooperatively on an ongoing basis with the parents and child and an outside agency if necessary
- Regular meetings with parents and staff will be scheduled throughout the process
- Our appeals committee will deal with a discharge if necessary; all possible alternatives will be explored
Parent initiated voluntary discharge:
- Financial obligation is locked
in for the entire session for which you are enrolled - semester, interim, summer.
- An appeals form is available from the Center Director and will follow the appeals procedure as stated in the parent handbook.
Late Pick-Up Fine - picking up your child any time after Center closing time (5:20 p.m.) will result in the assessment of a $10.00 fine, which will be added to your bill.
Insufficient Funds Checks Fine- a $25.00 fine by the University Cashier's office will be issued if there are insufficient funds and check privileges will be suspended.
Scan-In/Out Fine - failure to scan your child in and/out each day will result in the assessment of a $5.00 fine, which will be added to your bill. One warning will be allowed per family before assessing the fine.
Can't Find Fine - in the case of illness or emergency involving a child when the parent cannot be located within 15 minutes due to insufficient location information on your enrollment form or the location sign-in sheet, a $10.00 fine will be added to your bill.