SOTL Pilot Projects
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) Pilot Project grants are designed to encourage those interested in SOTL to:
- Address a teaching and learning challenge, and
- expand your SOTL research experience by completing a project to present to the UW Oshkosh teaching community.
For faculty selected to participate in the program, a $1,000 stipend is provided for both those new to scholarly teaching and learning or experienced scholarly teaching and learning researchers undertaking an exploratory or pilot project. Consultation will be provided throughout the process.
Typical Award Cycle
- Applications for the current award cycle are typically due around the end of September.
- For those selected to participate in the program, data is collected in the spring semester.
- Showcase presentations of one’s work are presented in fall.
Full SOTL projects intended to result in publication should be submitted under the Faculty Development Program's Research Component. (Though it should be noted that some Pilot Projects have led to publication.)
SOTL PILOT PROJECT PROPOSAL
4. How will you measure or assess student learning? (Student learning measurement is a required component of SOTL projects; we do not want to measure student perceptions of learning.)
If you need help, feel free to schedule a consultation prior to the due date for submissions.