Feeling stressed? Annie to the rescue!
- Eat healthy meals with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain a daily routine and schedule.
- Exercise regularly.
- Do things you enjoy.
- Get good amounts of rest and sleep.
- Decrease negative self-talk.
- State feelings in a clear way.
- Be with people who help you cope in a positive way.
- Learn relaxation techniques (deep breathing, muscle relaxation, meditation).
- Remember to laugh!
Being organized helps reduce stress. Here's some tips to keep in mind:
- Keep keys, wallet, etc. in one place.
- Have a to-do list on yellow legal pad and cross off tasks as you complete them.
- Use a calendar to schedule events, homework, projects/papers.
- Put together a time management sheet
- Organize your materials and workplace
Spend some time outdoors to help relieve stress. Some things to think about:
- Park further away from campus. Give yourself some time to walk to classes.
- Nature provides a calming effect to help reduce stress and bring about a state of relaxation.
- Get your afternoon pick-me-up from a walk, not a your coffee. Take a quick stroll outside.
- Just 5 minutes outside can boost your mood and self-esteem!
Call the Counseling Center at (920) 424-2061 to schedule an appointment or if you'd like any more information on the Center for Balance. Also check out our other programs.