Even if your degree does not require you to participate in an internship, co-op or practicum, there are several benefits to having participated in one.
- Help you learn about a career field from the inside.
- Help you decide if this is the right career field for you.
- Enable you to work alongside a professional in your chosen career area.
- Give you confidence in your knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Let you apply some of the ideas you've learned in the classroom.
- Give you the opportunity to practice your communication and teamwork skills.
- Allow you to meet new people and practice your networking skills.
- Provide evidence that you have initiative, are reliable and have a sense of responsibility.
- Provide a bridge between school and the professional world.
- Make a valuable addition to your resume.
- Enhance your application to graduate school.
- Open the door to a job offer or a recommendation.