Contact Campus Advocate
The Campus Victim Advocate and Counseling Center are here to help you.
- honor your request for a male or female counselor;
- maintain your confidentiality to the limits of the law;
- support you, not judge you, and provide caring attention while you make difficult decisions;
- help you restore your sense of safety; and
- help you if you were assaulted some time ago and have not talked about it or feel like it is still having a strong impact on your life.
Contacting a Campus Advocate
Contact the Campus Advocate for confidential services. You don't have to report.
- Daytime: (920) 424-3127
- Dating Violence After Hours: (920) 235-5998
- Sexual Assault After Hours: (920) 722-8150
What You Should Do When Reporting
- Please seek medical attention immediately from the Student Health Center or Aurora Medical Center.
- Do not shower, douche or wash the clothing that you wore at the time assault. This can serve as evidence should you decide to press charges. (You DON'T have to make a decision now, but this is the only time you will be able to collect this evidence). Additionally, it may serve to calm your fears about medical concerns.
- Write down everything that you remember happening, with as much detail as possible. This can help with your healing process and in any legal action you might decide to take.
- Please call the University Counseling Center at (920) 424-2061. You may choose to ask a friend or counselor to accompany you at any stage of this process. We will respect and affirm your choices.