Events which have already happened.
- Peer Educator Meetings, Thursdays 2-3pm from Feb 04, 2016 02:00 PM to May 12, 2016 03:00 PM — Reeve 213, — by maxwellm
- Anyone can be a CARE peer educator! Join us each week!
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes-May 4, 2016 May 04, 2016 from 04:30 AM to 06:30 AM — Titan Underground, — by maxwellm
- Support the Women's Center's second annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes Oshkosh, scheduled for Wednesday, May 4, 2016. The event will begin at 4.30pm in the Titan Underground at UW Oshkosh. More details about registration to follow. If you're interested in being a cosponsor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about cosponsorship options.
- Denim Day 2016 -April 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016 from 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM — UW Oshkosh Campus, — by maxwellm
- Wear your jeans on Wednesday April 27th to show your support for sexual assault prevention. Join CARE in Reeve Concourse to decorate jean squares and get stickers showing your support for sexual assault prevention!
- #rapeisnotajoke- April 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016 from 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM — Reeve Ballroom BC, — by maxwellm
- How often do you or someone you know use the word 'rape' throughout the day? Come find out why everyone is wearing teal bandanas and why #rapeisnotajoke! This event was developed a few years ago to address concerns with how often someone might use the word "rape" in a joking manner on media/tv, on campus and other areas. The students felt compelled to make programming to address this concern and so #rapeisnotajoke was born! Students will be performing and sharing their experiences. Come learn about rape culture, social norms and what CARE has to offer. We hope everyone joins us so that we can make UWO a safer environment for all!
- Ally March -April 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016 from 05:00 PM to 06:30 PM — Reeve Ballroom, — by Wartgow, Leslie
- The LGBTQ Ally March is the chance for all of us to step forward proudly in support of our gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender friends, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, next door neighbors, teachers—anyone in our community who is LGBTQ. Straight Allies are a corner-stone of the LGBTQ Community. Additionally, the alliance is strengthened by members of the LGBTQ community supporting each other-- lesbians standing up for transgender folk standing up for their gay brothers. On this day, we celebrate allies and their dedication to making our schools, communities, nation, and world safer and more accepting of diversity.
- Alan Berkowitz: Men's Role in Sexual Assault Prevention- February 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016 from 05:45 PM to 06:45 PM — Reeve Ballroom BC, — by Wartgow, Leslie
- Alan Berkowitz is a nationally known speaker who is respected for his work on Bystander Intervention. He is an independent consultant who helps colleges, universities, public health agencies, military organizations, and communities design programs that address health and social justice issues. His expert opinion is frequently sought after by the federal government, the United States military, and professional organizations and he is well-known for scholarship and innovative programs which address issues of substance abuse, sexual assault, gender, and diversity. He is the Editor and founder of The Report on Social Norms and is a highly regarded, award-winning speaker and trainer.
- First CARE meeting- Feb 4, 2016 2-3pm Feb 04, 2016 from 02:00 PM to 03:00 PM — Reeve 213, — by maxwellm
- Taste of Oshkosh Feb 03, 2016 from 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM — by maxwellm
- Stop by the CARE table and learn about upcoming events and how to become a peer educator!