Apply & Register
Step 1: Apply Online to UW Oshkosh (Admission Application)
The application process is free and you will have no obligation to take a CAPP course. Completing this portion of the CAPP admission process is required and the first step to taking a CAPP course. It is recommended to be done in late spring or summer before the upcoming school year. Completing the admission application at this time will allow you to register for specific CAPP courses in a timely fashion. Registering for the specific CAPP course will be done at the beginning of the class (see How to Register). Your eligibility to take CAPP courses and the amount you may have to pay for the course will be determined at the time you actually register for a CAPP course. You must complete a new admission application for each academic year you take CAPP courses.
You may wish to view the PDF of the Information Needed For Admission so you have everything you need before filling out the application or to print the steps listed below.
- Go to the UW Online Admission Application homepage at https://apply.wisconsin.edu/ to apply.
- If you have never registered on this site, select “Register as a New User”. If you have registered before, but don’t remember your password or login ID, follow those links to obtain the information. Write down your log in information to use again when you apply to UW schools or take CAPP again next year.
- Choose “Create a New Application” from the links on the left hand side and then choose UW Oshkosh from the drop down menu.
- Continue through the screens selecting the appropriate responses.
- When you get to the screen titled "Reason for Applying," choose “High School Special/Youth Options Program”.
- At the next screen, "Applying As," choose “Cooperative Academic Partnership”.
- Select the term in which you will be taking a class from the menu. Select fall if you will take courses both fall and spring or full year.
- At the next screen you will review the summary of information you’ve entered so far.
- Select “Commit” if you wish to continue filling out the application.
- Continue from section to section. Some information will already be supplied. If you neglect to answer a question that is required, you will receive an error message asking you to complete the required information.
Note: you will not fill in any specific class information. That will be done at the time you register for the class through your CAPP teacher.
- Complete the entire application. Follow the “Sign and Submit Application” directions. Print out the "Application Complete Instruction Sheet" for your records.
- Your application will be processed by the UW Oshkosh Undergraduate Admissions Office and your information will be forwarded to the CAPP office. You will register for your class(es) through your CAPP teacher who will have a label with your information on it.
Step 2: Register for your Course
Before registering, you must complete the UW Oshkosh Online Admission Application (Step 1 above) and meet the CAPP eligibility requirements.
- Students will receive a CAPP Registration Form during the first week of classes from the High School teacher.
- Important - Make note of your UW Oshkosh ID number on your student label. You will need this when corresponding with UW Oshkosh.
- Instructions on how to complete the CAPP registration form.
Returning CAPP Student?
Welcome back! We are glad you are interested in taking more CAPP courses this coming year. Admission applications for CAPP are only good for one year. Therefore, you do need to submit a new admission application for this year. If you saved your log-in information for UW System (as we reminded you!), you can just create a new application for this year following the steps above. It will have saved your information from last year, making it easier to fill out.