First Apply, Then Register
Before deciding to enroll in UW Oshkosh courses through CAPP, please check you meet:
- CAPP Eligibility Requirements
- Course Prerequisites
- Talk to your teacher or guidance counselors with any questions.
Step 1: Apply Online to UW Oshkosh (Admission Application)
2016-17 CAPP Students: Completing this portion of the CAPP admission process is required and should be completed by July 31, 2016!!
The application process is free and you will have no obligation to take a CAPP course. Completing the admission application at this time will allow you to register at your high school for specific CAPP courses in a timely fashion.
- You must complete a new admission application for each academic year you take CAPP courses.
- The admission application DOES NOT enroll you in classes. You must also register (see below).
You may wish to view the PDF of the Information Needed For Admission so you have everything you need before filling out the application or to print the steps listed below.
- Go to the UW Online Admission Application homepage at https://apply.wisconsin.edu/ to apply.
- Write down your log in information to use again when you apply to UW schools or take CAPP again next year.
- Once you have logged in, choose “Create a New Application” from the links on the left hand side and then choose UW Oshkosh from the drop down menu.
- Continue through the screens selecting the appropriate responses.
- When you get to the screen titled "Reason for Applying," choose “High School Special/Youth Options Program”.
- At the next screen, "Applying As," choose “Cooperative Academic Partnership”.
- Select the term in which you will be taking a class from the menu. Select fall if you will take courses both fall and spring or full year.
- At the next screen you will review the summary of information you’ve entered so far.
- Select “Commit” if you wish to continue filling out the application.
- Continue from section to section.
Note: Please fill in your intended course information as completely as possible. Listing a CAPP course in the admission application does not enroll you in that course. Course registration and enrollment begins when you register for the class through your CAPP high school teacher once the school year begins. No action is needed if you change the CAPP course(s) that you intend to take after submitting your admission application.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your High School name as your "Previous School Attended". This will ensure that your name is included in a list of CAPP students from your high school.
Step 2: Register for your Course once the semester begins
Before registering, you must complete the UW Oshkosh Online Admission Application (Step 1 above) and meet the CAPP eligibility requirements. Your eligibility to take CAPP courses and the amount you may have to pay for the course will be determined at the time you actually register for a CAPP course. Click here for more registration information.
Welcome back! Admission applications for CAPP are only good for one year. Therefore, you do need to submit a new admission application for this year. You may log in to the application site using your information from last year and create a new application for this year following the steps above.Your information saved from last year will show up in your new application, making it easier to fill out.