First Apply, Then Register
Step 1: Apply Online to UW Oshkosh (Admission Application)
The application process is free and you will have no obligation to take a CAPP course. Completing this portion of the CAPP admission process is required and must be completed by June 30, 2015 for 2015-16 CAPP students. Completing the admission application at this time will allow you to register at your high school for specific CAPP courses in a timely fashion. You must complete a new admission application for each academic year you take CAPP courses.
You may wish to view the PDF of the Information Needed For Admission so you have everything you need before filling out the application or to print the steps listed below.
- Go to the UW Online Admission Application homepage at https://apply.wisconsin.edu/ to apply.
- Write down your log in information to use again when you apply to UW schools or take CAPP again next year.
- Once you have logged in, choose “Create a New Application” from the links on the left hand side and then choose UW Oshkosh from the drop down menu.
- Continue through the screens selecting the appropriate responses.
- When you get to the screen titled "Reason for Applying," choose “High School Special/Youth Options Program”.
- At the next screen, "Applying As," choose “Cooperative Academic Partnership”.
- Select the term in which you will be taking a class from the menu. Select fall if you will take courses both fall and spring or full year.
- At the next screen you will review the summary of information you’ve entered so far.
- Select “Commit” if you wish to continue filling out the application.
- Continue from section to section.
Note: you will not fill in any specific class information. That will be done at the time you register for the class through your CAPP high school teacher.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your High School name.
Step 2: Register for your Course
Before registering, you must complete the UW Oshkosh Online Admission Application (Step 1 above) and meet the CAPP eligibility requirements. Your eligibility to take CAPP courses and the amount you may have to pay for the course will be determined at the time you actually register for a CAPP course.
- Students will receive a CAPP Registration Form during the first week of classes from the High School teacher.
- Important - Make note of your UW Oshkosh ID number on your student label. You will need this when corresponding with UW Oshkosh.
- Instructions on how to complete the CAPP registration form.
Returning CAPP Student?
Welcome back! We are glad you are interested in taking more CAPP courses this coming year. Admission applications for CAPP are only good for one year. Therefore, you do need to submit a new admission application for this year. If you saved your log-in information for UW System (as we reminded you!), you can just create a new application for this year following the steps above. It will have saved your information from last year, making it easier to fill out.