Is it tax time? Here is some important information for your family regarding CAPP courses.
- CAPP students are not billed individually from UW Oshkosh because individual student accounts are not created. The high school is billed by UW Oshkosh and this is why you pay the high school. This is done so that we can offer tuition at the reduced price (less than half of on-campus tuition).
- Tuition costs and payment policies are governed through the UW System's Board of Regent's General Administrative Policy Paper 36.
- Therefore, no 1098-T statements or invoices are sent to students, nor can be provided should the IRS ask for them.
- We encourage parents to speak with their own financial planners or tax consultants on how to claim these expenses on their taxes.
- More information from the IRS.
Educational Saving Plans (i.e. 529 Plans)
- We encourage parents to speak with their own financial planners for applicability of savings plans.
- These payments will still need to go through the high school - please contact your high school for more information. Students cannot pay UW Oshkosh directly for any reason.