Become an Instructor
Plan ahead! Submit your application in plenty of time, during the academic year, to allow for all levels of approval before you plan to teach. You should allow for approximately two months to complete the approval process and additional time to have your orientation with your liaison and finalize the curriculum before teaching the course. Applications received over the summer will most likely not be approved until the fall semester and not taught until at least the following spring. We will do what we can to get the process done as quickly as possible, but cannot guarantee. Please contact us with any questions.
CAPP courses are college-level courses, so departments use the same criteria to evaluate proposals from prospective instructors of these courses as used to hire faculty to teach courses on the UW Oshkosh campus.
A complete application to become a CAPP/UWO adjunct will include the following:
- The Adjunct Application Form
- Copies of your official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (Please do NOT send electronic transcripts directly from your University. Electronic scanned documents of the officials are fine)
- Current resume
- Letter of recommendation from your principal
- Proposed syllabus for CAPP course or example of other equivalent course (highly recommended)
- In addition, at some point, we may request that you submit other materials to help determine your eligibility.
Teachers with a master’s degree are eligible to teach college CAPP courses. Upon approval by the UW Oshkosh academic department of the teacher’s subject, a teacher will be appointed as an adjunct instructor at the University and work cooperatively with professors to implement the college course.
For teachers without a master’s degree, UW Oshkosh offers several courses and programs to help achieve content-related graduate credits.
Send Application Materials to:
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
You may wish to view: