The overall goal of the Environmental Health major is to provide premium quality education and training of environmental health science and protection practitioners. The program’s learning objectives are aligned to the Association of Environmental Health Academic Programs (AEHAP) guidelines. Students completing the program will:
- Demonstrate critical thinking.
- Complete an extended field training practicum.
- Appreciate professional obligations and become life- long learners.
- Demonstrate skills, technical knowledge and attributes necessary to function as members of a health team in the public or private sector based upon a sound foundation of instruction in core, related and technical areas.
- Demonstrate skills in basic science (biology, chemistry, and physics).
- Demonstrate skills in communication (written composition, public speaking and computers).
- Demonstrate skills in pre-calculus.
- Demonstrate knowledge in general education (humanities and social sciences).
*Accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council*