In order to be inducted into of Beta Alpha Psi at the NATIONAL LEVEL, students must meet
all of the criteria listed below. Students who do not meet all the requirements, are still welcome to
participate in all local Beta Alpha Psi activities until they meet the requirements.
1. Be a declared accounting major who has completed a minimum of two years of collegiate courses.
2. Have completed at least one 300-400 level accounting course.
3. Attain a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.0* in all university courses attempted OR
at least a 3.25 grade point average in all university courses attempted in the most recent academic
terms that include 30 semester hours.
4. Attain a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.0* in all 300-400 level accounting courses
5. Achieve active member status by:
a. Attending at least 70% of the semester's professional activities
b. Attending at least one service activity sponsored by BAP
c. Attending at least one professional event NOT organized by BAP/ IMA student chapters**
d. Retain active member status until graduation***
* Note that a grade point average below 3.0 (such as 2.99) does not meet the minimum requirements
for undergraduate membership.
** Please see the uploaded form on the BAP website. This form will need to be submitted to the BAP
Reporter prior to the semester you will be inducted.
*** Retaining active member status until graduation means meeting requirements 5a and 5b each semester
until graduation. If you do not meet these requirements, you will be subject to removal from the
organization. Exceptions will be made only for those students who are away for a semester for an
internship or involved in a night class that conflicts with Beta Alpha Psi meetings. If this exception
applies, it is the student's responsibility to print off the "Leave form" that is uploaded to the Beta Alpha
Psi website and submit it to President or Reporter at the beginning of the semester.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a
member of Beta Alpha Psi, contact BAP President officers.