Since 1871, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh has been providing residents of northeastern Wisconsin with high-quality, affordable education through 60 undergraduate majors, 30 master’s degree programs and one doctoral degree for our more than 13,500 students.
Policies & Procedures
Alumni Welcome & Conference Center
Policies & Procedures
- Reservations for meeting and event spaces may be made by campus departments and organizations one calendar year in advance of the function. Reservations may be made through the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center (AWCC) Conference and Event Services office. Reservations may be accepted up to three business days in advance of the event date, based upon availability.
- To qualify for campus rates, the group must a) be a University department or organization; b) have all charges billed to a University or foundation account; and c) not be representing a third party or d) be a recognized student group.
- The Alumni Welcome and Conference Center works in cooperation with the staff at Reeve Memorial Union and Gruenhagen Conference Center. In tandem, our event planners reserve the right to direct your request to the most appropriate campus meeting facility, based upon your group's unique needs and the capabilities of the facility's resources.
- Event space will be reserved based upon your anticipated attendance. If your actual attendance differs from the number of people anticipated, we will be entitled to alter the amount of space reserved or substitute different meeting rooms. The AWCC staff will always communicate changes with the client before making any alterations to the reservation.
- Audio-visual equipment is available on a “first come, first served” basis. AV equipment should also be reserved at least 72 hours prior to the event.
- Should the onsite contact request changes to the existing room reservation specifications, the AWCC will do its best to comply (based upon the availability of space, supplies and equipment) however, a labor fee will apply.
Deposits and Cancellations
- A deposit is not required from University departments or organizations using the Alumni Welcome & Conference Center.
- The sponsoring group agrees to cancel reservations as soon as possible if plans are changed so the space can be made available to other groups. A standard charge will be assessed for cancellations a) when other reservations have been refused and space is unused and b) when special physical set up arrangements have been made. A charge will also be assessed for any labor expense to date of cancellation.
- The AWCC reserves the right to cancel or alter any reservation if it conflicts in any way with the general policy and educational mission of the University.
- All food and beverage served at the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center must be provided by the University caterer, Sodexo. Potlucks and food items purchased off site may not be brought into the AWCC.
- Campus groups wishing to arrange a potluck or use an off campus vendor should contact the Pollock Alumni House for availability or use their online request form.
- Arrangements for meals and refreshments are to be made with the catering staff at least one week in advance of the event. Final arrangements must be completed and guarantee numbers for catered events confirmed 72 hours prior to the scheduled event.
- All food and beverage ordered must be consumed on premise.
- All events and activities taking place at the AWCC must abide by campus alcohol polices. Alcoholic beverages may be served on a catered bases as requested by University organizations or other functions and must be approved by the University.
- Any individuals purchasing and or consuming alcoholic beverages must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be carried off the beverage serving areas.
- Parties, dances and socials that are advertised and open to the public must be "dry events." Dry events are defined as no alcohol on the premises.
- All campus events must submit a "Request to Serve Alcohol form." All alcohol service will end a minimum of thirty minutes prior to the scheduled end of the event.
- In the interest of personal safety, we ask users of the building to follow all fire safety regulations, including 1) not exceeding rated seating capacities for event spaces and 2) keeping aisles and doorways clear and unobstructed.
- All groups and organizations scheduled to use the AWCC will be responsible for the actions of their members and guests. They are responsible for the proper use of the facilities, furnishings and equipment in the scheduled area by anyone attending the function.
- Additional charges will be assessed for labor when an excessive amount of cleaning is required to return the areas to their original state. Additional charges will also be assessed for damages resulting from chewing gum, candle wax, decorations, or the misuse of any furnishings or equipment where repairs or replacement is required.
- Open flames and decorations or displays that require water cannot be used inside the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center. The use of tape, glue, nails, thumbtacks or adhesive on the walls, ceilings, door frames columns, chairs or staging is prohibited. The use of glitter, confetti and fog machines are also not permitted. Please contact us if you need assistance with your decorating plans.
Storage of Materials
- The AWCC does not assume responsibility for damage or loss of any materials or equipment left in the building on display or in storage. All items will be given the same care and protection given to AWCC property.
Federal Tax Exemption for Student Organizations
- Student organizations are required to provide a copy of their federal tax exemption certificate. This tax identification will determine if a student organization will be charged sales tax on their billing from the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center or University Catering.
- Any student organization that uses an account number provided by UW Oshkosh will not need to provide a copy. A student organization that pays for their billing by cash or check will be charged sales tax unless they provide this certificate.
- All balances are due within 30 days of the function. Groups or organizations with past due accounts (beyond 30 days) will not be able to reserve rooms for future events and any current reservations may be cancelled until the balance is paid in full.
- All Alumni Welcome and Conference Center guests are subject to the parking rules and restrictions as determined by the UW Oshkosh Parking Office.
- Complimentary parking will be made available to guests of the Alumni Welcome & Conference Center in parking lot #6, adjacent to the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center, based upon availability (please check with your Event Services Manager for information regarding parking).
- Parking permits will be required in all other university lots (Mon-Friday at 4 p.m.). Parking in any legal, non-reserved space on the UW Oshkosh campus, including the parking ramp, is free from 4:00 p.m. on Friday through 6 a.m. on Monday.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh — Where Excellence and Opportunity Meet.