Each high school may bring up to 10 students to HSAD, and each student group must be accompanied by one art teacher. We encourage all schools to only invite students who are seriously interested in art, considering art careers or would highly benefit from the HSAD experience. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis, and once our maximum number of 150 participants is reached (determined by postmark), registration will close. Access the registration form.
With the help of the art teacher, each student should select his or her best artwork to submit for consideration for the exhibition. Please follow these guidelines:
- Submit original student work only. Work copied from published photos should not be submitted.
- All artwork remains the property of the student submitting it. However, by submitting the work, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is granted the right to post an image of the work and the artist’s name on the HSAD website and to reproduce the image in future promotional materials.
- All 2-D work is to be carefully matted in white, off-white, gray or black. Framed work must be wired for hanging (Plexiglas only). Dimensions of 2-D work are not to exceed 6 by 10 feet. 3-D work should not exceed 50 pounds and 3 feet in any direction. Video presentations should be no longer than five minutes.
- A completed label must be attached to each piece. Access the student label.
- Artist statement and description of project assignment must accompany each piece. Access the Artist Statement and assignment description.