The events of HSAD, April 28, will take place in Arts & Communication Building with registration occurring in the lobby by the Priebe Gallery as in the past.
|Friday, April 28||UWO High School Art Day (HSAD)
|8:30 - 9:30
High school art students and their teachers arrive at the UWO campus for registration. They are given a building map and directed to specific rooms in which to:
Students and teachers snack on doughnuts, coffee, and juice in the lobby area of A/C building.
- Pin up or display their artwork for the competition
- View work from other high schools
- Visit the Galleries
|9:30 - 11:00
- Students go to designated workshop rooms.
- Art Education Majors teach workshops, each addressing a different media
- Before students leave, they will fill out a short survey/feedback form about the workshop.
- After workshop, students leave on-site artwork in the room and pick it up after closing ceremony.
|11:00 - 11:10
||Break. Travel to critique rooms. Students view artwork from other schools in the critique rooms if they did not have time earlier in the morning.
|11:10 - Noon
- Students return to the critique rooms in which they deposited their off-site artwork for verbal and written feedback from UWO art faculty.
- Artwork selected for the HSAD exhibition will be announced at this time.
|Noon - 12:15
||Go to Experimental Theater in Theater Building for Closing Statements. To find your way to the Theater, go to the lobby and follow the human signs.
|12:15 - 12:45
- Closing statements.
- Information about the Department of Art, HSAD exhibition, awards and closing reception at the Steinhilber Art Gallery in Reeve Memorial Union on Saturday, May 6.
|12:40 - 1:00
- Students pick up their off-site work in critique rooms and on-site projects from workshop studios if necessary.
- Goodbye and thank you for your participation.
Please share this schedule with you students before HSAD.
For information on parking and a map of the UWO campus, please view the Campus Map page.